I will have to enjoy hair vicariously. Mine isn't really growing and I see no point in getting it cut so that it can continue to get shorter?? Anyway, I trimmed it last week. Note to self: this is not really a great idea. It would improve my outlook on hair if I had a) a great hairdresser here...still searching b) some significant growth to work with c) I had not mixed the last bottle of hair dye and THEN read the directions stating it had to sit for 25 minutes. No time for that, I was expecting a 10 minute time frame. Left it sitting on the sink all day. Hair dye foams after about 8 hours. When you shake the bottle it also makes a lovely arc of dye across the countertop and the mess of papers sitting there. I did, however, enjoy the foamy squishing sound it made when I actually got the bottle to my HEAD. Result: I can't tell I colored it. Fabulous.
Cleaned out more military gear. Going to the same surplus store for more cash. I started to get worried that these guys will think I am gear smuggling or something. The quantity of crap is really astounding. I filled a foot locker today and have a big pile of stuff on top. And that is less than I took in this weekend.
Cleaned out the garage on Monday while the big kids were home from school. Actually, my friend took her daughter to a meeting and my seven year old and her 9 year old son to tag along and have playtime without little kids. She left me her 6 yr old and lover of all things girly and two year olds and her 14 year old who is all about proving how helpful and strong he is...which slightly motivated MY 14 year old to stay on task. About 5 minutes after we dragged 90% of the contents of our four car garage into the driveway the house painter showed up. "Lot 12? Yeah, we have to paint the garage doors." Faintly, in the back of my mind I remembered that I told the super that I would be home Monday...faintly. Then I turned around and surveyed the mountains of crap in the driveway and looked at the painter. "You are going to want this stuff out of the way, right?" Fastest garage clean up EVER. Not the most complete but really fast.
That's all for now. I am going to bed. To sleep. My own bed. A lot of sleep. I hope my children are telepathing this to their slumbering brains. "Mommy wants me to sleeeeep."
Good for you for cleaning out, almost dying your hair and blogging. I'm still hopeful I'll get some pictures of Lydia on mine someday.
ReplyDelete