Today Mr. Challenging went to work with Daddy. For the morning. He got to draw with markers (never happens at home), eat corn puffs (never happens at home), charm strangers (ditto) and climb in and out of airplanes (ditto). He was so happy tucked into his car seat in the back seat of the BMW two door convertible with his beloved Daddy. I wish I could send him every day. It was so QUIET here. I actually got a shower, the laundry started, breakfast, WASHED the kitchen floor (on my knees like you have to if you really want it clean) and then took the bucket outside the front door and washed the doorway clean of all the bugs and spiders and icky things.
My new motivation to wash the floor has been to put on a pot of coffee and see if I can get the floor done before the coffee brews. Okay. That is the theory. Today is the first day I have actually done it. It takes about 7.5 minutes of time on my hands and knees and that includes the laundry room and touching up the baseboards and cabinet doors (the bottoms only). Just goes to show that I really only need 10 minutes from start to finish to get said dreaded task completed. Like most other things in my life, I only need apply myself. But I digress.
So my little guy had a great morning. The plan was for me to pick him up at 11:30am so that lunch and naptime were sort of on schedule and Daddy didn't have to deal with a melt down at the office. Would have been beautiful if I hadn't left my wallet in the back pocket of the stroller from the walk to the pool last night. Grrr... Realized this as I pulled up to ULTA to get my best loved foundation and didn't have my wallet. Really dislike visiting this store with all my kids, ESPECIALLY the one who pulls all the things off the shelves. Perfect opportunity to get in and get out with only four kids. Gee, did I just say that? Anyway, Daddy had to load up the sleeping child and meet me at the front gate since I couldn't get through security without ANY photo ID. Nothing like announcing that you are driving without your license to a security guard.
On the way home we went through the McD's drive-thru twice since they didn't get wheat allergy child's order at all and the eldest's order either. But I didn't realize the snack wrap was missing, only that the single patty was missing. I always check for the single patty before I leave the window because so many times it is wrong or missing. Pulled off to the side to wait for said patty and hear a plea for a snack wrap from the backseat. Great. Back through the drive thru to order that, again. Didn't even make the receipt the first time. Then home again without going to the library or the rec center as planned. We did, however, stop at the park so the car bound children could get out some of the wiggles. It was a little crazy on the ride home!!
I got some reading done this afternoon while flight boy got his much needed nap from all of his adventures. He slept so long I went to check on him to see if he was still breathing. Literally. He had an allergic reaction to something at the office this AM. Had dinner, took him to the grocery and then, ironically, to ULTA. As the only child it was no problem for him to collect and carry around three tester bottles of perfume, "spray" his hair and pretend to wash it or to feel every make up brush as we walked by the shelves lined with soft bristles. Everyone thought he was so cute. Said people had one child of their own. I threatened to bring all of mine next time. They thought it was funny. Just wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment