Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New computer for official business

I am now, officially, a Mac junkie.  I own four Apple products that I really love; this MacBookPro is great. I can't wait to figure out how to use it.  Kinda like I can't wait to figure out how to use the Mac desktop we have had for two years.  Apple gives great classes on different applications but you have to actually GO to the store.  A near impossibility as the mother of five kids 10 and under.  I say near because I have actually gone to one of the classes.  Only four kids then.  Disastrous.  I don't remember a thing I learned because I spent the vast majority of the class telling kids whose turn it was next on the computer they have set up in the store for kids.
But the point remains that I really love Apple.  Someday I will know enough about it to have it love me in return.  Someday.
For right now I am supposed to be working on my graduate courses required by the Army for me to get my next (and last) promotion.  I say last because I will retire in the next few years and then patiently sit around and wait 20 years for my pension check to show up.  I keep getting reminders from my husband that I could stay in longer.  I could get another promotion.  I could get a few more promotions.  That would be okay with him.  He's just saying.
Off I go to figure out Migration Assistant and get going on my riveting reading on Army policy and war fighting strategy.

1 comment:

  1. The other day Bill figured out how to feed things through the doc feeder on the printer, have them scanned and saved into PDFs on our Mac. We were both like, "Whoa, this thing is so awesome." Then I had to switch to the PC to do teh scout stuff because the program is only written for PCs. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete