Sunday, September 12, 2010

Par for the ER course

We are safely ensconced in our lovely hotel room with a king size bed, a fold out couch, one bassinet and two KidCo Pea Pods.  This room is ENORMOUS.  I am very happy for this as I know that hubby and kidlettes will need every square inch in the coming two weeks while I go do Army stuff at Redstone Arsenal and pretend like I remember anything green and tactical other than, "Yes, sir." and "Hoo-ah!"  I refuse to say the second anymore actually so that leaves me with only one thing.  Back to square one.

The last time we were in Huntsville together as a family was 1994.  We had one boy and one girl and I was pregnant.  I started a miscarriage here and that continued during our drive home to El Paso, TX.  Not a great time.  But I like this city.  Beautiful area and lots to do.  So I said we could come here to do this AT this year.  Why not?  We can visit this place under happier circumstances and visit some good friends.

So where was the first place we visited? The emergency room of Hunstville Hospital.

My child of many incomprehensible words and non stop energy sputtered out and came to a halt this afternoon.  After several hours of a fever that wasn't responding well to drugs and losing his lunch at our friend's GORGEOUS new house, we headed to the ER.  Six hours, two vein sticks, one IV, six vials of blood, one bag of saline, one dose of Tylenol, one dose of Motrin, three rectal temp checks and one shift change later we left with the diagnosis: fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment