Saturday, October 30, 2010

Meds, clean bathrooms and a movie

Sometimes it isn't just one thing.  Somethings just fall out of place over time and somethings collapse all at once.
Depression can be both.  Post partum depression with one child, left untreated until the next child is over one year is definitely one way to test one's limits of sanity.  I don't recommend it.  Ever.
Week four of taking medication begins this week.  They say it takes six weeks to get the full effect of antidepressants.  Six weeks seems an awfully long time to wait once one acknowledges one needs the medication and actually goes to the doctor and gets the medication and remembers to take it.  Don't you think? That didn't stop me or my doctor from increasing my dosage this week instead of waiting another three weeks to see if the first dosage was good enough.  I finally succumbed to drugs so let's just go whole hog.
One of the ways I can tell the drugs are working is that I cleaned all my bathrooms in the same week.  And I mean with gloves and a rag and toilet brush and the showers / tubs, mirrors and the floors on my hands and knees.  Not this swipe, swipe with the Clorox wipes while the boys are in the tub.    Also, I recently purchased a steam cleaner for the GROSS carpet.  I do not understand why ANYONE would put carpet in a house these days. But someone did.  In the dining room.  UGH.  I steam cleaned the entire downstairs the day the thing arrived. :)
Then I was able to go to a movie.  Saw 'Conviction' with Hillary Swank, Minnie Driver etc. I really liked it.  It's too bad that every family in the movies has to be divorced.  Other than that it was a good story line.  Of course it's based on a true story but I always wonder what they doctor up for Hollywood.  Regardless I enjoyed my escape from reality and my illegal Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Here's hoping for a better week than last week and a better week next week than this week and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment