Upon delivering the new Dyson vacuum to the dining room (it had been upstairs) the 11 year old inquires of no one in particular, "Where would you like this piece of awesomeness?"
**********************
Conversation between 10 year old girl and 9 year old boy in my van while working on a Mad Libs.
"I am trying to remember the name of my great uncle. I am named after him."
"Umm...if you are named after him...???"
"Yeah, I am trying to remember his name."
**********************
Upon the return trip from Starbucks with the five year old and the three year old.
Mommy, "Thanks for coming with me boys. It is nice to have company."
Five year old, "You're welcome." Long pause. "What is company?"
Mommy, "It is when you have someone with you to do something or enjoy something with. It is nice to not always go alone."
Five year old, "Oh. Well. We didn't really care about company. We just wanted to get something from Starbucks."
***********************
Five year old as we are entering the van to drive around the church parking lot to find older brother at the end of homeschool Family Night.
"Let's get going to I can go hunting."
Mommy, "Are you hunting for your brother?"
"No. I am hunting cows."
"COWS?!?" (Stifled laughter from Mother)
"Yes. Well, first I milk them. Then I shoot them. Then I cook the meat. Then I season the meat and cook it again. It is good to milk them first. Then I eat the meat with a glass of milk."
Mother is laughing and crying in the front seat, not very silently. "Well, it is good that you have a method for hunting cows."
***********************
And this is why we have children...to keep us laughing.
ReplyDelete